Mahalo for your continued patience throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic recovery process.
Hawaiʻiʻs Film and Television industry is at various stages of reopening statewide, County by County.
We are working closely with government officials and film offices from every Island County to help clarify and outline how the industry is to move forward. This is in conjunction with the film unions’ SAFE WAY FORWARD document that has now become the industry standard in this new age of COVID.
Due to some of the restrictions outlined in the most current County orders, some film activity will be limited to smaller groups than in the past. Currently, we are able to submit film permit applications to DLNR (State Parks, Boating, Land Management, and Forestry), DOT (Airports, Highways and Harbors), DAGS (State buildings and parking meters), and the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands for review and approval on a case-by-case basis.
Click on an island below to view sites administered by the State’s Department of Land and Natural Resources that have been designated as open and accessible to the public, and are generally pre-approved for filming activity.
DLNR Open and Accessible List Changes for 2021
Please be aware that for the City and County of Honolulu, there is a smoking ban in place for City and County beaches and parks. Failure to adhere to the smoking ban may result in a citation issued to violators.
ALL STATE PARK LOCATIONS HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE OAHU, MAUI AND KAUAI O&A SITE LIST ( see below).
* In addition, we will be removing Halona Beach per the City and County of Honolulu.
The locations below are no longer a part of the DLNR Open and Accessible list:
- Kahana Beach (Oahu)
- Kahana Valley State Park (Oahu)
- Keawa’ula Beach (Oahu)
- Makua Beach (Oahu)
- Halona Beach (Oahu) *
- Waahila Ridge State Rec. Area (Oahu)
- Wahiawa Freshwater State Recreation Area (Oahu)
- Puu Ualakaa State Wayside (on Round Top)** (Oahu)
- Nuuanu Pali State Wayside (Oahu)
- Keaiwa Heiau State Rec. Area (AKA Aiea Heiau State Park) (Oahu)
- Kahala Heights State Park (Oahu)
- Aiea Heiau Park (AKA Keawa Heiau State Rec. Area) (Oahu)
- Makena State Park and Beach (Maui)
- Oneloa (Maui)
- Waianapanapa State Park (Maui)
- Kaumahina State Wayside (Maui)
- Puaa Kaa State Wayside (Maui)
- Wailua Valley State Wayside Lookout (Maui)
- Wet Caves State Parks (Kauai)
- Ahukini (Landing) State Recreation Pier (Kauai)
- Kokee State Park (adjoins Waimea Canyon State Park) (Kauai)
- Polihale State Park (Beach) (Kauai)
- Russian Fort Elizabeth State Historic Park (Kauai)
- Wailua River State Park (The Fern Grotto is closed due to rockfall hazard) (Kauai)
- Waimea Canyon State Park (Kauai)
- Waimea State Recreation Pier (Kauai)
- Keei Beach (Big Island)